Frequently asked questions
Answers to some of the most common questions I get asked by people using the site. If you can't find an answer to your question here please feel free to contact me.
- What is StudyMaths.co.uk for?
- Who made the site?
- I hate maths! Why should I bother learning it?
- Why should I register with the site?
- My school isn't listed when i try to register. How do I add my school?
- Do I have to pay to use this site?
- I am a maths teacher, can I have an 'teacher account'?
- What does the 'teacher account' do?
- I've got my pupils to register but can't find them on the admin panel, how come?
- I've forgotten my password, what can I do?
- I've found an error on your site, how can I report it?
- I would like to see a workout/game on... Will you make one?
- Can I link to your site?
- Why are there adverts on the site?
- Why doesn't my browser display your site correctly?
- What do you use to write this website?
StudyMaths is a revision site aimed at helping students with their GCSE maths. The main sections are outlined below.
- Key topics - Revision materials covering essential GCSE maths topics.
- Maths workout! - Interactive worksheets to practise your maths skills and earn StudyPoints!
- Coffee break - A collection of mathematical games. Earn bonus StudyPoints for your high scores!
- Question bank - Revise your maths using a bank of GCSE past questions.
- Formulae - All the formulae you need for your maths exam with examples of how to use them.
- Glossary - Key mathematical words you need to know for your exam.
StudyMaths is designed and maintained by Jonathan Hall, a maths teacher from Leeds, England. I am currently working as head of department at City of Leeds School.
I also created FormTimeIdeas.com, a site which provides daily news, ideas and activities to use during form.
With many colleges and universities requiring at least a grade C in Maths it is extremely important to get a good GCSE grade in this subject. This site is here to help you achieve it. And besides maths is fun anyway!
By registering with the site you can record all your scores on any of the workouts or games that you try. You will be awarded StudyPoints so you can compete with your classmate to earn as many points as possible!
If you want your school added to registration form please contact me here. Make sure you spell your school exactly as how you would want it listed on the site.
No. The entire site is free to use so enjoy!
If you have an 'teacher account' you will get additional options when you view your statistics.
The 'Admin Panel' lets you track the progress of any pupils that register on the site using your school name. Once a pupil has registered you can place them into year groups and set and carry out instant analysis of your classes.
'Pupil Feedback' lets you generate instant written feedback for your pupils. It lists the two most difficult worksheets that the pupils has completed successfully and gives two suggestions on what they should attempt next. If you wish to print you will get the best results if you copy the feedback into a word processor and set view to 'landscape'.
More information can be found in the teacher account tutorial.
If are a pupil and your teacher has registered for an admin account they will be able to change your password for you. Passwords on this site are stored in encrypted format in a database for your security.
StudyMaths is already a large site with new content added daily. Although I try my best to error check everything it is inevitable some will slip through the net. If you think you have spotted an error please tell me about it and I will correct it.
I am constantly designing new worksheets and games for the site so if you have any great ideas please let me know and i'll see what I can do.
Yes, please feel free to link to any of the resources on this site using code such as the example below.
StudyMaths is entirely free to use but it does cost me money to host the site. The adverts help pay for these running costs.
The site has been tested on all the latest versions of Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer. If you experience issues when using this site you may need to update your browser.